We at Stour Surgery use a team approach to provide the best possible Clinical Care.
Having respect for you, your family and carers at all times, we aim to respond to your needs and the needs of the local community. If you have any suggestions or matters you wish to bring to our attention there is a box in reception or alternatively you can write, email or speak to any member of staff, the manager or a member of the Patients Circle.
- Introduce ourselves to you and treat you with courtesy and understanding.
- Maintain your right for all information to be treated confidentially at all times.
- Guarantee you the right to see a Doctor or Nurse in open surgery .
- Expect to see you within 15 minutes of your appointment time. If you wait longer you will be given an apology and an explanation of the cause of the delay.
- Endeavour to receive your phone calls, but we may need to return your calls at a later more convenient time.
- Visit you if you are too ill to attend the surgery. We cannot specify which Doctor will visit at what time.
- Guarantee that there will always be a Doctor available for out of hours emergencies.
- Ask your permission before consulting you with a medical or nurse student present.
We expect you to
- Treat us all with the same courtesy and understanding.
- Be on time for your appointment so that we do not keep other patients waiting. Latecomers may be seen in the next available open surgery.
- Request home visits only when you are too ill to come to the surgery. Please ask for your visit before 10.30 am. Visits requested after 10.30 am. may be postponed to the following day after discussion with the patient. We are unable to visit you merely because you do not own private transport.
- Ask for a visit outside surgery hours only when your problem cannot wait until the surgery re-opens.
- Allow us two working days to deal with your repeat prescription.
- Understand that emergencies may from time to time disrupt even the best planned systems.